Thought these would make a fun Halloween garland.
Pop a few treats in the pumpkins and tie them between some leaves.
There are free templates at the end of my post.
Pumpkin Treat Boxes:
1) Print the pumpkin templates onto orange card
and cut them out. (I cut seven).
2) It's best to cut the slots using a craft knife & steel rule.
3) Ink the edges to add depth - I used Distress inks
'rusty hinge' and 'brushed corduroy'
4) Score the box base.
5) Fold the two top flaps forward.
6) Use a round pen to curl the box sides.
7) Fold up along the score lines.
Here's where you would pop a few treats into the box.
8) To close the box - feed the top flaps
through the box side slots.
9) It will now look like this.
10) Punch a hole through the top flaps.
I highlighted the features with a touch of black glitter.
Thread ribbon through the punched hole.
I used 5mm wide (1/4inch) black satin ribbon.
Here's the 'motley bunch'
ready to be tied onto the garland.
12) Print the leaves onto green card. Cut out
and score some veins as shown above.
13) Ink across the surface to highlight your scored lines
I used 'crushed olive'
14) Ink the edges in a darker colour
I used 'forest moss'
15) Make two holes about 10mm (1/2inch) apart.
16) - 17) Thread the large leaves onto a
length of string.
I threaded 16 large leaves onto about 2meters
( just over 2yards) of jute garden twine.
It all depends on how long you want your garland to be.
18) Pop a small amount of glue above the perforated holes.
19) Attach a smaller leaf to hide them.
note: You can wrap a small amount of tape tightly
round the ends of your string to make threading easier.
I decided the leaves were not Autumnal enough
so inked over again using 'barn door' & 'spiced marmalade'.
Probably should have worn gloves!
Tie on the pumpkins!
I spaced them one pumpkin, two leaves, one pumpkin - to the end.
There are two pumpkin templates:
Template one has a face on the front & back of the box,
template two the faces are on the sides.
I alternated them along the length of the garland
so faces were visible front and side view.
(Hope that makes sense)!
Free Downloadable Templates:
Click on the image ,
right click & save to your computer.
Pumpkin Treat Box One
Pumpkin Treat Box Two
Large Pumpkin Leaves
Small Pumpkin Leaves
Here it is
I love Halloween!
Thanks for popping by