Thursday 27 September 2012

No Glue Halloween Treat Box

This has got to be the easiest box ever.
No gluing - just cut it out!
There's a free template to download
at the end of my post.
 
I cut a small 'X' at the centre base of the box tabs 
and fed the miniature broomstick through
to lock the box closed.
It's not necessary, just thought it added a bit of
witchy fun.
 
I have a tutorial for the broomstick
on my magic boxes blog HERE

After cutting  the box out;
bring tabs a & b together
then feed them through slits c & d
It's as simple as that.
 
I used two stamps:
1) Inkadinkado clear stamp set
'gem stone flourishes'
2) My Minds Eye clear stamp set
'Haunted' (used the spider)
Stamped using; 
IndigoBlu  'FlitterGlu' - more details later,
then applied glitter directly onto the
stamped image
 
 On my first box I used gold ultra fine glitter 
and a peach colour gem for the spider's body.
 
My second - crystal ultra fine glitter 
(I liked the 'ghosty' effect of this glitter on black card) 
with aurora borealis gemstones for highlights
 
For the one above - 'rainbow orange' ultra fine glitter
highlighted with doodlebug sugar coating 'lily white' glitter.
 
IndigoBlu 'FlitterGlu' - AT LAST
a glue that you can stamp with and it really does
hold the glitter.
 
I can't stop stamping glitter!!!!
 
I recommend you also get the stamp cleaner
especially if, like me, you don't wash your stamps
immediately after using them.
 
It works best with the very fine glitter
the finer the better.
I used Kars extra fine glitter and it picked out
every detail.
 
 
Here is the template to download;
(Click on the image to view it bigger
then right click save to your computer).
 
No Glue Halloween Treat Box
Best printer settings are UK A4 portrait
and select 'fit to page'
I've allowed for printer margins so it should 
print fully and 'to scale' 
 
The base of this box measures 45mm (1.8inches) square
and it stands 75mm ( 2.9inches) high.
 
 
 
Here I printed the template onto orange card.
Flipped the card over and printed the black & white
'cobweb lace' backing paper on the other side
 (from my previous post) HERE
 

 Thanks for popping by and have fun!
 Hugs,
 X
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Seems super easy and looks great!Thanks for template.I have linked your tulip tutorial in my post.If you wish to have a look here is the link
    http://reusingwithquilling.blogspot.in/2012/09/purple-tulips.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these little boxes, they're so spooky, yet sophisticated. They're really gorgeous!! Isn't Halloween fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic ... what more can I say ... LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day.